Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Potpourri for 200 Alex

  • I loved it today that someone said, "Happy Lent"
  • I received ashes at lunch - there were 2 instances afterward, back at work, where people looked at me and said, "you have something on your forehead". I accept that different cultures may not understand or know what it is but is it really possible they thought I was unaware of a smudge of ash occupying about a third or so of my forehead?
  • This interaction actually happed this afternoon as I was returning to campus with a plastic shopping bag that clearly had 4 containers of yogurt in it. "Hey, what you got there, yougurt?" "Yeah, want one?" "If you don't mind"
  • Sometimes when I am in my house, I am sitting there in the quiet and I look around and feel scared and lonely and then other times I feel like anything is possible and the sky is the limit.
  • I wrote a joke near the end of last summer based on a weird story in the news and on April 30th, I will finally have an audience to tell it to; which leads to my next bullet...
  • ...I am working on some comedy material, suitable for the church crowd as I am the emcee (and talent coordinator) for a dinner/silent auction fundraiser on the night mentioned in the previous bullet.
  • Just got word that my summer teaching assignment is as requested - though this semester, the course runs only 6 weeks.
  • Beware, the bookworm.

No comments: