Friday, March 18, 2011

Such a Deal

I love a good deal! I received a coupon in the mail from JCPenney the other day offering me $10 off any purchase of $10 or more with no restrictions.

I can always use another dress shirt or a tie and have recently discovered that I like JCPenney's house brand of shirts - so at lunch time today, I rode on over.

Lo and behold, there was a large rack of clearance items with exceptional markdowns - note the receipt, this one was marked down 70% from list so what was $36.00 was ticketed for clearance at $10.80 - apply aforementioned $10 coupon and I walked out of there with a lovely new dress shirt for 80 cents!

Here are all the things I love about the receipt:
  • "Total Discounts  -35.20"
  • "Your Total Savings Today: 35.20"
  • The cash $1.00 and then follow-up, Change 0.20 amuses me
  • Finally, there's something entertaining about the return policy appearing down there.
That's it folks - I am just so loving this bargain, it made my whole day.

2 comments:

ria said...

i absolutely love getting great deals like this! nice find :)

Chris said...

Ria - Thanks :) It so made my day.