Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Writing is the Hardest Part

The hardest part of writing for me is writing. Most days, there are at least a time or two where I think hey, this'll make a good post. However, by the time I get to the point where I sit down to write the post, I have long forgotten the moment or idea or can't figure out how to get the words out. I find, and have always found writing to be very laborious - I kind of hate it almost as much as I love it.

Said Dorothy Parker, and quoted by the Oscar Madison character in the TV version of The Odd Couple, "I hate writing. I love having written." I think that kind of sums it up for me most of the time. I'll admit that sometime the process is therapeutic, revelatory and even exciting - but not most of the time.

1 comment:

JD said...

Ugh. I can so relate.