Tuesday, April 05, 2011

A Day Off

Today was one of four planned days off this month and I used it to take care of me a bit by getting a little extra sleep and by trying to do something productive around the house. I did sleep until about 7:30, which may see early to most but I normally arise at 5 am on weekdays, so it was a treat.

I got a good workout in, made a mice smoothie for breakfast and chilled a bit to watch an episode of Portlandia that's been taking up space on the DVR and then I went to town and dusted my living room (yay me).

Most of the rest of the day was just lazy stuff - watching a few things on the DVR, a brief nap, nothing to strenuous on the mind - just enjoying a little time off. I picked up my daughter at 2:30 instead of 4 and we had a good time hanging out, listening to music and dancing silly around the living room before dinner.

All in all, in was a good day off but I know the rest of the week at work is going to be packed - so off to bed I go.

No comments: