Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Two Things On My Mind Today

  1. Emotions have flooded me today – in all that I see/saw, hear/heard, think/thought and feel/felt. Extreme hypersensitivity to the point that when I came home from work, I literally just burst into uncontrollable tears for what seemed like the longest two minutes of my life. Funny thing is, I felt so many emotions ranging from the “bad” ones to the “good” ones but they were intertwined and intermingled, dancing with each other and in some strange way, harmonious and while confusing at times, strangely peaceful.
  2. In partially related news, in a very strange way perhaps, I watched “The Voice”, fresh off my DVR, recorded last evening. I’m not sure where it will end up but if it remains on the trajectory in my mind, based on the first show, watch out American Idol – there’s a real singing show on the air now. Oh, and the opening performance of the Gnarls Barkley hit “Crazy” by the four mentors was probably the single best musical performance I’ve seen on network television since Bruce Springsteen reinvented the Super Bowl halftime performance a couple of years ago.

No comments: