Tuesday, May 31, 2011

127 Hours

After a few comments on Facebook, I felt compelled to finally watch this movie. Right off the bat, I can tell you that as a film, not so great - I just don't think it was an effective adaptation and probably because it's tough to fill an hour and a half with this story. However, James Franco did give an incredible performance, certainly worthy of the Oscar nomination and the few cringe worthy moments this film had to offer did not disappoint those who live for cringe worthy moments in film.
The more I watch movies, the more I crave originality. I think that screen play writers must be a dying breed because there is just so much rehash and rework that it seems hard to find original ideas anymore. I did survive the whole hour and a half but after all was said and done, I wish I had half that time back.

No comments: