Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day Rolls by Once More

Mother's day is another day during the year that I reflect on my Mom. Mom passed away in September of 1996 so it's been quite some time but funny thing is, when you no longer have parents, you tend to miss them a lot more.

There's a part of me that gets a little jealous at all the people around me with their mom's. I know, maybe it seems silly to refer to this as jealousy but in its purest form, that's what it is.

On the other hand, one of the things I find repulsive about mother's day is that it isn't a real holiday but rather one that was made up my "Hallmark" and other corporations and industries in the bowels of capitalism (a is father's day). Good parents should be celebrated year round, every day but what the heck - maybe that's partly the jealousy I spoke of talking.

SO as to not appear all sad and/or negative - I do genuinely wish all of you out there who are loving, caring mothers a joyous and hearty round of applause.

No comments: