Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Awoke Last Night to the Sound of Thunder

Technically, it was this morning, very early this morning...the thunder was so prolific, not only was it as loud as I had ever heard, I kid you not on this, it literally shook my house; I felt it. When I realized what was going on and that I was neither dreaming nor waking at or near the gates of hell I remembered that today was the car wash fundraiser and wondered how we would be able to pull it off in this mess of a weather situation.

After exchanging a few emails with the core of adults who were working the event with the kids, it was decided that with the forecast calling for the rain to clear up, we would give it the old college try. I was very skeptical but am glad we went ahead because we ended up raising nearly $500; which will be a big help to the kids heading to D.C. to do some important mission work. Bravo to all.
*****
While I wasn't able to detect a trace of sunshine, I somehow managed to get something of a sunburn on my face. Dear self, you are one of the adults setting examples for the kids, please make one of them avoiding melanomas - thanks.
*****
After a great morning and afternoon with the car wash, I came home and had a great late afternoon chatting on the phone with one of the most special people I've ever known. Then, despite the great need for a nap, I found my way to two different supermarkets to pick up a few things.

So as I type this somewhere between 10 and 11 pm, I am so thankful for a full day of joyful moments. Okay, the grocery thing wasn't necessarily joyful but I am thankful to have been able to do it...

Anyone out there still reading this mush? Peace!

No comments: