Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In Dreams

A candy-colored clown they call the Sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
"Go to sleep, everything is all right"


I watched the finale of "The Voice" and it was bittersweet in some ways. This was one of the finest produced reality competition I've ever seen and week after week, chock full of great performances and the chance to watch people live their dreams.

So many people ignore their dreams in favor of either some formulaic time line passed down for generations yet never making sense or some irrational compromise.

I am in awe of those who dare to dream and then dare further by taking the chance to realize that dream. I do think there is a need for parameters but I also know those parameters are also something that changes depending on the dream, and more importantly the person.

Let me walk with you in dreams
Let me walk with you tonight
**********
In dreams I hold you
Touch your life, your heart, your soul
in dreams and in life
**********
May all of your dreams come true.

No comments: