Friday, June 24, 2011

A Week Gone By and A Touch of Haiku

  • I wasn't too sad to end the work week.
  • Charity car wash tomorrow morning - anybody around or near Framingham, MA - stop by Annie's Book Stop on Water Street in Nobscott the kids could use your support for their July mission trip.
  • If you have already listed to yesterday's podcast, thank you so much and please, let me hear some feedback. If you haven't yet heard it - please see if you can carve out 8:45 to do so - it' s something that came from deep in my soul and has been brewing there for years; I'd love to know what you think of it.
  • In a few of the many moments of silence today, a few Haiku ideas came to me and I thought I would share them with you here, like I have in the past:
This first one is influenced partly by yesterday's podcast, and by several current events in the world around me including a very interesting story I heard from someone in response to me responding to them after inquiring about my recent intentional loss of 30 pounds:

All these years later
Some things have changed and some not
But you still move me

Here's a haiku that was inspired by seeing some photos of a friends recent wedding coupled with the current weather patterns:

Dreaming in color
There we are, dancing on clouds
Together in love

This next haiku came to me after thinking about the idea of hitting the road. I'm a big fan of travel journals and one of my favorites is Steinbeck's "Travels with Charley". I saw Steinbeck's name today which triggered a memory of that book and several fantasies I've had about trekking cross country:

A tank full of gas
An open road to explore
Miles of memories

And here's something I've never done, publish unfinished work. The idea of "a balancing act" came into my head. Not physical balance but the idea of finding balance in life and those things which require striking some balance to be in harmony. Two lines came to me rather quickly but I was at a complete loss for a third line and simply left it blank (for now). Here's what I have (so far):

A balancing act
Like a walk on a tight rope
_____________________

Thanks to all of you for your continued support of this blog. If you ever use Amazon.com for your shopping needs, please get there using the link at the top right of this blog - it'll take you to the same Amazon.com but it will also let them know that I sent you and in return, they give me a small commission - which is greatly appreciated.

No comments: