Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Be a Part of My Podcast, Won't You?

I just listened to a "Songs of Summer" themed podcast from NPR and it was so great. I loved hearing people talk about these songs and what they mean to them. I've been looking for a new theme for a music podcast and I have long wanted to get you, my reader, to participate in some way - so here is my idea...

As the end of summer is weeks away, in preparation for a podcast that will air around that time, the theme will be "Summertime Memories". What I would like from you is not only your choice of a song that reminds you of some wonderful summertime memories or one that perhaps tells the story of a joyful memory but also tell me the story behind what the song means to you, the memory and how it relates.

If you call my google voice number and leave a message (5 0 8 - 2 4 4 - 4 0 7 9), I'll include your voice on the podcast - if you are okay with that (which would make me so happy) or you can email me at (fromawhispertoascream @ gmail . com) and I will read your note (use Summertime Memories as the subject line). In either case, I can ensure your name remain anonymous if you prefer but I really would love your participation - it'll be so fun.

In fact, if anyone would like to schedule a live call that I can record for inclusion, I am open to that as well.

I hope to hear from several of you. :)

3 comments:

April said...

Oooh! ME!! PICK ME!!! (Except I hate the sound of my voice. I sound like a slightly hung over Minnie Mouse.)(No joke.)

OH MY GOD! My word verification is Flingen! This day just gets more awesome. This morning I saw a grown man with a Batman lunchbox. I knew then it would be a great day. Flingen A!

Chris said...

Dear Flingen - you are in! Which particular method of delivery would you prefer? We could be really silly on the live phone conversation...

April said...

Fine, live phone it is. I will Facebook you my number. I feel all this pressure now! Like what if I'm not intelligent, witty and entertaining??? Oh who are we kidding?? I'm gonna rock! :)

(My word verification this time is Poledun. Not nearly as fun as FLINGEN!!)