Friday, July 01, 2011

Crunch Time for The Holiday Weekend

I've done a good job of keeping up with grading assignments for summer session one but with all final assignments due on Sunday, there are a few stragglers still finishing up so I need to do that and get all final course grades done after than and submitted.

My session two class starts next Tuesday so I need to make a few simple modifications to the course documents and specifically the syllabus and get it out there and ready for those students.

Tomorrow I will not be getting up to an alarm clock - this is a simple pleasure and a welcome one, it seems like it's been longer than it should be since I've had that luxury.

I've been in the mood for fireworks lately, for obvious reasons.

Today someone said something to me that nobody in my life ever has before. Seems like a simple sentence, "I believe in you." I don't doubt that my mom and/or dad believed in me but they never directly said so. I'd guess my brother believes in me but never heard it out loud there either. In all fairness, it's not something a lot of people think to say to someone. I've said it to very few people - and I make sure only to say it because it's genuine. Today, it was said to me for the first time ever and it just filled my heart with joy.

hat's all for now, I need to get back to grading stuff.

No comments: