Friday, July 29, 2011

Five 4 Fighting

Everytime I've ever heard a Five for Fighting song, I've liked it. Last night, I became a real fan - John Ondrasik has a great live voice, is a terrific songwriter and performer, his band rocked (my dear old friend Jenn has been paying bass for him lately) and all were super cool as I had the great fortune of getting the full VIP treatment.

Here are some photos:

My backstage pass:
 The back of my backstage pass which I got autographed by all the band members after the show:
 Jenn entertaining her nieces as I watch:
 Me and Jenn:
 Sound Check:
 More sound check:
 Super cool security guy ribbing Jenn's dad as she chuckles in the background:

I love good music and have always loved good live music. What made this special is seeing a dear friend up there on that stage and doing what she loves. It was fun watching her sign autographs and be in the whole mix of it all. Jenn is an old dear friend, we grew up in the same neighborhood and I have been friendly with much of her family and we know a lot of the same people. It's kind of cool that she's doing a cool tour while her husband, the also awesome Steve Fekete, is out touring South America playing guitar for Avril Lavigne.

Here's some neat video footage I shot from the day:

3 comments:

radioactive girl said...

very cool!

Chris said...

Tori - It was so cool watching my friend up on that stage shining. It was super fun hanging out with the band backstage and the band intro was fun - I guess you can figure out how much fun I had :) You could say it was my equivalent of you getting to hold the monkey LOL!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

It was great to see you Chris! Thanks again for driving all that way to see the show! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for the great video footage!! My family's lovin' it!!

Jenn