Saturday, July 30, 2011

Password

There comes a point, at least for me, where security seems more of a hassle than its worth. A perfect example is the TSA. Conceptually, the TSA is a good idea but it's one of the most poorly executed attempts at something positive I've ever seen; a definite government failure. It's rare that I fly more than once or twice in a year so as much of a pain in the ass the TSA is and as much as I hate them, they aren't all that much of an interference in my life.

I do spend a lot of time on the Internets and have many places where I must log on using a password and this, yes this is where I am at wits end! Every f#*$ing site has a different password with different rules and different methods of retrieving or resetting your password should you forget it.

"Sorry, your password does not meet the criteria for a STRONG password. Please be sure there is at least one upper case character, one lower case character, one special character, an underscore, and of course, a number."

g0FucK_YouR/Self

"Sorry, / is and invalid special character, please try again."

GOFUCKyourself#24

"Sorry, there should be no more than four consecutive characters of the same case, please try again."

Holy_CrAp!34

"Sorry, you've used that password before. Passwords used in the last 36 months are ineligible, please try again.

eYe_H8_UveryMuCh!

Please enter your password again for verification.

 eYe_H8_UveryMuCh!

Thanks, your password has been changed and the feeling is mutual you miserable mother  fucker!

No comments: