Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Night Irene

I should be thanking my lucky stars that Irene has come and gone and left behind very minimal damage for me to clean up. With the exception of a very small amount of water in my basement, which was in an isolated area, loss of electricity for about 5 1/2 hours and lots of leaves and branches liberally spread about the property - that was it! I know there are many people who got slammed and are still suffering the after effects and will be for some time to come.

I did get to spend lots of one-on-one time with my daughter, who was forced into finishing her summer reading and to hep encourage her and set a good example, I read right along side of her - that was kind of cool.

I did get a bit crabby at the electricity thing and feel kind of stupid about complaining but there was never a time I wasn't aware of those going through much worse times. here's to hoping it all eases up soon for everyone.

No comments: