Friday, August 12, 2011

Last Day of 6 Weeker and other Points

  • Today was the last day of the 6 week summer session II course I've been teaching. I almost have all of the marking done and then it'll be time to begin prepping my two fall semester courses.
  • Jani Lane, former singer of Warrant, was found dead this week at the age of 47 - ugh!
  • I'm currently reading the Rob Lowe autobiography, "Stories I Only Tell My Friends". I chose to read it after seeing him on the talk show circuit during the book tour but thus far, the book isn't as interesting as I thought it would be as I am about half way in.
  • I've seen through season three of Curb Your Enthusiasm at this point  - still LOVE it immensely (season 4 is on the coffee table).
  • I sold some gold jewelry that I've had for years. I had no emotional attachment to it and I never wear jewelry, I kind of hate it so instead, I turned it into some cash which I'll need to pay for some dental work I am about to start.
  • Had to say goodbye to a colleague who's moving on to another job advancing her career. Lynette was, and is, a "Little Bucket of Sunshine" and while it sucks that she's left us, it's great for her as it is a step up (perhaps even a few) on the career ladder and she deserves it...Good Luck LBOS :)
  • There's a very small chance I may be traveling approximately 530 miles north west in late October but several things need to fall into place - gotta make some calls.
  • That's it for now!

No comments: