Friday, August 26, 2011

There's a Fire Pit in the Cards

I am heading off to a fire pit in a short while. I love fire pits - just hanging out with good friends, shooting the breeze, a nice glass of wine or two, or...

The summer is officially over as far as I am concerned, my kid starts school on Tuesday, Monday, I begin my series of drop-in sessions for the teachers at my school to get them up to speed on some new technologies in place and the Fall semester kicks of on 9/6 - so I put final preparations on my teaching materials.

As I write this, I am listening to a CD by a band called "Volbeat". I had never heard of them until very recently and when I did, I went over to their website and was able to listen to some of their current songs. The CD I have with me now I got from the library and was released in 2009 - it's called, "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" - WOW! It's freaking awesome! I don't know how this band fell through the cracks for me but I am so grateful to Tori for turning me on to them.

Okay peeps, those of you on the path of the storm - be safe, don't be a hero, and have fun!

No comments: