Saturday, September 17, 2011

There's a Trip in the Near Future

Last week I received an invitation to an old friend's wedding. In general, I am not a fan of going to weddings but as time moves on and I get older, they are definitely better than funerals (which tend to increase in number as times goes on). Besides, I've known Michelle since she moved across the alley way from me somewhere around three decades ago and she is good people. Plus, she lives in New Orleans, where the wedding will be and I've never been there and always wanted to go...

So I get the envelope and once I see who it's from, it's obvious what it is and all I could hope for is that it is a really early invitation for a mid-July wedding because I have a conference in New Orleans next July so I'll be traveling there on the "company dine" - which is a good thing because coming up with travel expenses will be a bit of a challenge. Turns out, the wedding is in early November and my first reaction is uncertainty, then I did some initial research on air fares and hotels and then became sad because I was sure there was no way I could swing it.

I began making some inquiries and contacting some folks I thought can be helpful and after a few days of scrambling, I am so happy that I will indeed be attending the wedding and spending three nights in New Orleans come early November.

No comments: