Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Couple Cents Worth

ALERT: THIS POST IS NOT AT ALL WARM AND FUZZY, IT'S A BITCH FEST FROM START TO FINISH - IF THAT KIND OF THING ISN'T YOUR CUP OF TEA, YOU MIGHT WANT TO IGNORE IT AND WAIT FOR WARM AND FUZZY TO RETURN - LOVE ME.

You know what gets old fast? I know some of you might think I would say the snow, especially since we got hit crazy early this year. As much as I don't like it, I accept it because I am aware of the region I live and have come to accept weather anomalies as, well, normal. What gets real old, real fast, is the irrational behavior of all the nincompoops that forget they live in New England, where the most famous saying is, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute." I was out in a few stores yesterday trying to do some routine shopping and it was insane how the crowds were out preparing for possible Armageddon. Look folks, it snows here in New England and sometimes at weird times - keep a freaking pound of bologna in your refrigerator and get over it or move to Florida or New Mexico so I don't have to deal with you anymore.
**********
Now onto the stupid power companies. The United States has successfully launched humans into outer space in a vessel the size and weight of a giant airplane so many times - they decided to stop doing it; I guess it's just not fun anymore. However, with all that money spent and technology developed, it seems near impossible to keep power flowing into people's homes after a little snow and wind. I don't accept any excuse - it makes no sense that this hasn't been dealt with. Think of the thousands, sometimes tens of thousands and even hundreds of thousands and millions of homes lose power, destroy hundreds of dollars worth of food in each home and who pays? We, the consumer!!! Someone needs to stop bitching about stupid things and start talking about infrastructure - NOW!!!

No comments: