Saturday, October 08, 2011

The Long Weekend...So Far...

One of my goals was to finally finish the Keith Richards book. The book is fascinating, super interesting but very long and since I don't have/make lots of time to read, it's been with me for a few weeks and time. As of this writing, I have less than 50 pages to go so I'm guessing I should accomplish my goal of finishing. Next two books in line: "Notes from an Accidental Band Geek" by the awesome Erin Dionne and then Greg Fitzsimmons book.

Today was the Brazilian Children's Day Festival at my church. Nearly a year of planning and the largest outreach to the Brazilian community we know of. The event was very successful and quite moving in many ways watching community in action - I am so proud of those who worked so long and tirelessly on this project and glad the press came to cover the event.

I need to finally get the curtain rods and curtains hung on the main floor. I took care of my bedroom months ago and the rods and curtains have just been sitting on one of the couches waiting to be hing for a few months now after many claims by me that "this is the weekend" - I need to take some action in this.

This morning, I worked out for nearly two hours after stating out loud (to myself), that I was going to still work out but try to take it a bit easy...I am a nutcase. Today though does mark a milestone in that it was the 365th consecutive day of exercise for me; a full year complete without missing a single day - I'll go right ahead and say it, that's impressive!

No comments: