Sunday, November 06, 2011

Insaner than Vegas?

Las Vegas has been one of my favorite places to visit in short spurts because it's so eclectic and just wild enough that you can ease in and out of it rather swiftly. I've always love the insanity of it from the perspective of an avid people watcher but last night, I witnessed something way insane than anything I've seen in Vegas; it's name is Bourbon street.

If you ever had a question about the true definition of the word "uninhibited", or if you actually thought you knew the definition but have never been to Bourbon street, then I must challenge your knowledge.

I've seen a fair number of peculiar things: I watched as a homeless man pulled down his sweats and just dropped a deuce on the median strip onBroadway and sixty something street, I've seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers take the stage and play an entire song wearing but a sock on their something that rhymes with sock...but on Bourbon street, I think the souls of its inhabitants are being haunted and just a little bit of evil seeps in and sometimes, seemingly more often than not, people do things that perhaps they may or may not ordinarily do.

As an observer, I was partially scarred but not necessarily in a bad way. I'd be lying if I didn't say I had something of a fascination with trying to understand not only why people do things but the effects of what and where are equally intriguing.

If I've learned anything about at least two things I know for sure that New Orleans has it sinners and Saints (though apparently getting Saints tickets will cost you big-I tried, and failed).

No comments: