Friday, November 11, 2011

Leukemia

This is not a happy post. My friend Christina's young son, around 5 years old, was recently diagnosed with leukemia. This is such crushing news and one of those things that kind of shakes you when you hear it.

For me, this is one of those weird times where I find myself challenging the very faith I need to call upon, and reply on to get through it all - how does a parent resolve this?

Christina and Mike - I am praying for Matty every day. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

2 comments:

Joy said...

They are all in my thoughts. It's hard to go through, and I sincerely hope everything turns out well. There's so much they can do now for leukemia that he has a great chance for complete recovery! Hugs!

Chris said...

Thanks Joy - I hear this particular form is very treatable with a high success rate. Still, it's quite traumatizing. I know they will appreciate your sentiments.