Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Times Like These

Right now it's hard for me to give a crap about:
  • What sports team won or lost what game buy how much.
  • What politician is saying what about what other politician.
  • What (or who) any of the Kardashian girls are doing at any given moment.
  • The top of the charts, the bottom of the barrel, or anything in between.
Right now, there's a 4 1/2 yr old boy, the son of a friend of mine, battling Leukemia and it's hard for me think about anything else these last few days. I can't help but want to hug my own child and hold her tight and just be thankful every second that she' healthy. I want to find some way that I can do something meaningful for young Matthew's parents, I've offered to prepare a meal or run errands - not that that will do anything that really matters - I now all they want is for their little boy to get better.

Please think good thoughts, prayers, whatever it is you do in situations such as this.

2 comments:

radioactive girl said...

I can't even imagine what they must be going through. I am thinking good thoughts for everyone involved.

Chris said...

Thanks Tori - I know they will appreciate it.