Saturday, December 31, 2011

News Notes


These are all very current news stories:

Verizon - Those asshats wanted to impose a $2 fee for paying your bill online. How f#@&%ng dumb is that! Thankfully, the people spoke and Verizon listened and one day later, has decied to retract the fee which was scheduled to go into effect on January 15th.

Russell Brand/Katy Perry end their marriage - I don't know Russell Brand (much less Katy Perry) but the guy does not present well, as far as I can see - He's quite, greasy! Look, they're both young and I suspect have a few more marriages in them before they settle down.

Samoa - Here's the first paragraph of a current news article: "Today is the day that Samoans will never see.
The tiny South Pacific island is moving west over the international dateline, and its citizens will lose a day of their lives as they jump 24 hours ahead." Intriguing!

Sears to close stores in 2012! Perhaps the first sign the world is ending if I think about what just the name "Sear's" meant when I was a kid. The company is 125 years old and in danger of extinction; ouch!

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis photographed together at Kansas basketball game - That dude Sudeikis is living the life, January Jones, now Olivia Wilde! WOW!

Van Halen announces 2012 tour with David Lee Roth - I say, big freaking deal. I don't bellieve they still ahve enough in them to sustain an entertaining concert event and I know they are far too pretentious to make the tickets be affordable - so, I think I might pass on this one. I've seen them three times, all with Sammy Hagar, who I like much better than Dave.

Finally, a sentence from a story that I'll leave you with to draw your own thoughts, feelings and conclusions: "A 99-year-old Italian man filed for divorce from his 96-year-old wife of 77 years after he found letters from an affair she had 60 years ago."

2 comments:

ria said...

i am so glad verizon decided to rethink introducing a fee. I did not know sears was closing?! I worked there when I was 16. That is craziness.

Chris said...

Ria - I believe there are 79 stores set to close, which includes some K-Mart stores (which Sears owns)...toally nuts.