Sunday, December 04, 2011

The "W"

Since October of 2010, I've made a very concerted effort to take good care of myself. For example, since October 9, 2010, I've never missed a day of exercise, despite say the past week where I've been as sick as I've ever been, I still find a way to exercise. On that day as well, I basically gave up eating processed sugar, I am very on top of that since I was diagnosed at that time as a "pre-diabetic" and am working diligently to not develop type 2 diabetes, a disease that I spent a lifetime watching dismantle before taking my mother's life.

I've lost around 40 pounds since that October 2010 day, have maintained this new weight and lived a much healthier lifestyle having avoided many bad foods other than processed sugar, such as fast food and the sort. This past week, I've been sick, real sick, needing medicine and a doctor sick. I haven't been able to even put food into me sick because I have no appetite sick. Today though, I woke up hungry, for the first time in a week and I had the urge for a freaking burger so darn bad. Having recently seen a barrage of commercials for "The W", from Wendy's, my favorite burger maker of the major chains, and being the closest to my house, for lunch today, I treated myself to "The W" after a medicine run.

I've gotta say, I can only rate it in the spectrum of a "fast food burger" and given that, I can easily call it awesome and delicious.

Now, I must go back to my meds and my bed because clearly, I am ill.


No comments: