Sunday, January 15, 2012

12 Minutes

Saturday, I did something I had never done before and while I am proud of it, it is something that most folks wouldn't even consider an accomplishment. During my treadmill workout this Saturday, I did a 12 minute mile - previously, my fastest mile was 13 minutes and again, while this is no rocket speed, it's a major accomplishment for me.

Now, I'm not in training for a marathon thing, nor am I attempting to hit some kind of running goal, I am just trying to stay fit, learn about my body and occasionally test my abilities. I've worked really hard these last 15 months and when I hit that 5 MPH button on the treadmill, it wasn't my first thought to bang out at least a mile at that speed. However, after the first quarter mile at that speed, I set a goal to go for the mile and actually did abbot a mile and a quarter; by that time I had been near 30 minutes on the treadmill and finished the workout with 2.25 miles in around 30 minutes, which includes my warm up and cool down.

Oh well, here's to exercise :)

No comments: