Sunday, January 01, 2012

And So We Begin Again

The slate is clean, time for a do-over. Last year, you may have had well intentioned resolutions; you may even have kept up with them for a time. However, as it will, life got in the way and before you knew it, you blew it off and that was that. Of course, you know deep down that you could have just picked up at that point and started over, but you rationed otherwise because let's face it, though well intentioned, you made a choice to not go through with it - whether or not it was a conscious choice.

I know, you're right, life does have a way of interfering with itself and things change. For some of you, maybe circumstances did indeed make your initial resolutions impossible to see through, but it didn't change or affect your ability to make a new resolution. You see, just because we make our initial resolutions with 1/1 in mind, that doesn't mean we can't change them to reflect the moment we are in as the year progresses.

For me, I am proud to say that I continued my exercise through 2011 having exercised every single day of the year regardless of where I was or how I felt. I've managed to maintain my weight through the year and continue to be the lightest I've been as an adult. I'm proud of these accomplishments but as long as I've been keeping it up, I also know that every day is a different challenge and I have to sometimes force myself through - but I take the time to make that conscious effort when I know it is necessary because it is very important to me.

I look forward to this new year and whatever might be in store. Thanks to all of you who read my blog and all the best to you in this new year - may you all prosper in all the ways it's important to you.

No comments: