Saturday, January 07, 2012

Christmas Ends

The official end of Christmas, The Epiphany, was yesterday which made it okay for me to take down the tree today. Not that I was itching to take down the tree, I had grown quite fond of it, but the last pickup for trees in this Monday and I had some time this morning - so I went for it.

I was at the "Christmas Tree Shoppe" earlier and bought a bottle of sugar-free vanilla syrup. A couple of teaspoons of this in my caffeine-free diet coke and it's a kick back to the days of old - yummy Vanilla Coke (only now, sugar and caffeine free).

I also took a stroll through Bed Bath and Beyond looking for bargains and found a cute little alarm clock for my daughter to take to her mom's house, where she's been using the alarm on her cell phone.

I'm not going to spend too much time talking about how great the weather has been because I don't want to jinx it but I do want to thank whom or what ever is responsible, even if it is global warming.

Travel Plans? Have any of you made any travel plans for 2012? How about travel wish list? For me, I'm scheduled to go to a conference in New Orleans in July - hopefully the funding will be there. I'd like to visit the Chicago area, perhaps grab a few days in Vegas, and since this is a wish list, L.A. and or Napa out in Cali.

Time to go watch the second half of the Saints/Lions wild card game.

1 comment:

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.