Friday, February 03, 2012

Annie's Post

I have a friend from high school, Annmarie. Just under a year and a half ago, her husband died after a painful  battle with cancer. Today, she wrote a post on Facebook that I found very moving and I thought I would share it with you here:
* * * * * * * * * *
My Wedding Band
by Annmarie Clyne-Fowler

Its been 17 months since my soul mate was called Home by God. Johnny and I had an amazing life together! We laughed, we cried, we loved, we fought, we cuddled, we were a family, we loved our family, we made a family out of our closest friends, we raised children and puppies together, we shared our faith, our love, our lives with each other for most of my life.

Been dealing with being alone. I am not alone, I am surrounded by love, my family, my friends, my kids, my puppies but still feel alone sometimes. Just a season I must walk alone but still surrounded by the love of those still here and of all my angels in heaven. Tis a strange season.

I moved my wedding band to my right hand, still wearing Johnny's around my neck. I am a widow now Wedding band, on right hand, left hand, in a drawer, on a chain - it doesn't matter - I may be a widow but in my heart I am still married. Where my wedding band is doesn't matter, where my heart is does.
It really is strange, I am not legally married anymore, I have a new title being bantered around town of the "young widow", I am not yet single, just separated from my soul mate by death. A strange, weird, lonely, sad season of my life but tis a season. A journey I must walk alone for God has a reason I am going thru this season.

My wedding band is glistening on my right hand, reminding me of all the love and awe that I had from Johnny and still have. It is a reminder to me that God is wonderful and good. God lent Johnny to me and for that I am eternally grateful.

My wedding band is my strength, a symbol that love is true and that love is eternal. My wedding band gives me hope that one day I may be able to love again....not ever like my love with Johnny.that was a once in a lifetime love....but love is a gift from God and I know Johnny wants me to love again....
Tis a season of my wedding band.
* * * * * * * * * *


No comments: