Thursday, March 01, 2012

Idol Fail

It's time for American Idol to sign off for good. The show has hit bottom for sure - there's not anybody in the crop that I can see sustaining a career in the music business. There are some traces of talent but meager, and definitely not commercial.

X-Factor season 1 was so bad, I won't even consider watching the next season.

The Voice is great!

In other reality news, I still enjoy:
  • Survivor
  • Amazing Race
  • Top Chef (though this past season was disappointing and may be a sign of death for the show)
  • Project Runway (though All Stars is only so-so, not the same without Tim Gunn and dare I say, Heidi)
  • Dancing With the Stars - not a great cast in the upcoming season but the smoking hot Maria Menounous will be wearing those outfits, so I'll watch :)
In real music news:
  • I have tix to see Springsteen in Albany on 4/16; I am still hoping to get something for the Boston show on 3/26 but not sweating it if I don't.
  • Van Halen needs to hang it up - just awful and jokey.
  • Loving discovering the Volbeat catalog.
I think that's about it for now - I'll close with an non-sequitor of sorts: Track Suit!

No comments: