Monday, March 05, 2012

Would you rather be 4'5" or 7'7"?

This was just the first question of a meme type thing I came across and it sparked so many back and forth's that I thought it really warranted its own post.

Initially, I surprised myself by picking 4'5" because I thought it would be way easier to get clothes and fit in my bed. Big and tall clothes are way pricier!

Then I stopped myself and thought that emotionally, it might be easier to be taller than shorter and I switched to 7'7" as my choice. There's a stigma attached to being short and short people are far more likely to be made fun of than tall people. Plus, I was bullied in elementary school, where I was pretty short and I have those negative memories. at 6' tall, I'm not short as an adult but being 7'7" would certainly go a long (tall) way toward casting aside that stigma.

I then switched back to 4'5" because I suck at basketball and feel that if I were over 7' tall, people would have an expectation of me to play basketball and be good at it - certainly I wouldn't have gotten picked last as much as I did as a kid.

Odd how tough this question really is. The fact is that there are people in the real world at both heights and more important, well adjusted, happy people. If I put it all in perspective, and had to make a decision on the spot, I'd seek more self-confidence in greater height and opt for 7'7".

1 comment:

Dr Zibbs said...

the taller choice.