Atlanta Setlist 3/18/2012:
We Take Care of Our Own
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
The E Street Shuffle
Jack of All Trades
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Apollo Medley (The Way You Do The Things You Do/634-5789)
Shackled & Drawn
We Are Alive
* * *
Rocky Ground (with Michelle Moore)
Land of Hope and Dreams
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
from Johhny D:
I have to tell you, I’m really surprised by the negativity in the chat room on Backstreets. I thought the show was great. Couple bullet points:
- Not a big fan of We Take Care of Our Own or Wrecking Ball, but they worked as openers, especially after the silly self-intro he did. They also set up Badlands really well. I would lose one and put in a classic.
- Jake Clemons VERY well received for Badlands solo and throughout the whole show.
- 10 new songs out of 23 total is a lot. I know he’s selling the record, and I know that number will decrease as the tour goes on. I was with a guy who hadn’t heard the new record and was a bit disappointed—that said, he did want to buy it after he heard it all, so the man did his job.
- I find the Apollo Medley a blast—he’s clearly enjoying it and it’s infectious.
- Shackled and Drawn and Death to My Hometown, which are highlights for me on the record, are highlights live as well, especially with the horns.
- -I think if they figure out a better opener, and kill We Are Alive and maybe Rocky Ground (like both songs, but they kill the flow IMO).
- I was pretty high up, and thought the sound was phenomenal—not sure if that was the venue or the system, but it was better than I’ve ever heard at the Garden.