Friday, April 27, 2012

Master's Two?

This year will mark 19 years since I received my Master's Degree and while I've toyed around a number of times with the idea of going back for more, I have begun seriously exploring the idea of getting back into the classroom - as a student.

I've pretty much eliminated the idea of a doctorate. While it has some appeal, most of it is ego based and after so much analysis, I'd need to invest a significant amount of time, around 5-7 years, spend somewhere between 60 and 80 thousand buck and never really see a return.

I am looking now at a few different Master's programs because getting a second Master's is something I can do in a reasonable time frame (a total of 10-12 classes), 2-3 years or so, and get a decent return with a slight kick up in pay for the additional degree.

We'll see.

No comments: