Thursday, April 19, 2012

R.I.P. Dick Clark

I first learned who Dick Clark was in the 1970's. I was always around music and as you know, if you know me, music has always been a significant part of my life. Watching American Bandstand was a necessary for me as doing to school. While I always opposed Clark's insistence on lip-syncing on show that his company produces (I oppose lip syncing always), the guy is a legend and while his last few years have been a sad display of a man trying to cope with the after effects of a severe stroke, I don't think anyone could ever forget all that Dick Clark brought to the game.

I'm not interested in hearing at this point about any skeletons in his closet or whether or not he was a mean guy or a prick - if any of that is true, it should have come out while he was alive and could defend himself. I hope he wasn't a prick because I learned a lot about music by listening and watching him and New Year's Rockin' Eve was an essential staple. Rest in Peace!

No comments: