Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Congrats MassBay ADN Class of 2012

I was invited by Nursing School students to attend their pinning ceremony tonight. This particular class is one I spent a lot of time working with these past two years and while not every interaction was golden, ultimately we grew to respect and care for each other and they inspired me to become better at what I do.

During the ceremony, one of the students spoke on behalf of the class and offered thanks to a number of people and then a wonderful surprise happened when they chose to recognize me for my efforts. I was sitting all the way in the rear and was asked to come up on stage to receive a certificate - it was a heartwarming and moving moment for me that I won't soon forget.

having worked with this population for many years, I know how hard they work and the sacrafices that they and their family and friends make. I applaud this group and wish them all well.

No comments: