Friday, May 25, 2012

Enter Sandman

The only word that I can come up with right now is tired. Even as I typed that last sentence I realized I was lying since I had to go through about a dozen words just to get to tired. The point is, I am tired. This whole week has been chock full of things that prevented me from getting an ample supply of sleep and here at the tail end of the week, my body is reminding me that there is only so long it can be deprived of sleep before it starts to send signals.

Last evening, I had the privilege of participating in the 50th annual commencement exercises at the college where I work and teach. Here are a few photos from the event:

This photo is me in full regalia with putting on a jokingly prudish face alongside "Sister" Rita, whose doctoral robe I adore.


This was a randomly taken as a crowd shot. I wasn't even looking - I literally just pointed and shot. Oddly enough, it seems the camera really likes my colleague Prof. Tim Caley and nobody else.

Another crowd shot that as an insider,I find remotely entertaining - I suspect most of you will not be all that thrilled.

Finally, Again I reject my own decree of never using the front facing camera on my phone agaiin because I always come out ridiculous looking with it. Case in point, this shot of me and my pal Linda featuring me looking ridiculous.

No comments: