Monday, May 28, 2012

HoliMonday Bullets

  • I hope you'll take the time (if you hadn't already done so), to read the very short story I wrote yesterday. this is no work of genius, just an off the top of my head response to a writing prompt...I think it ended up kind of cool for something that was written in about 10 minutes.
  • I remembered to put out the trash today (I'm embarrassed to indicate how long it has been since I remembered that simple task).
  • I have this uneasy feeling that Memorial Day weekend was far more important to many students in my online class that submitting their assignments - unfortunately, no mercy or second chances, that had since the 21st to get them done.
  • There are now cities in CA that are banning plastic bags at the grocery store checkout. From the report I heard today, they will for a limited time be allowed to provide paper bags but after about 6 months, no bags at all. Folks, this isn't the type of world I want to live in - it's overkill - I don't accept this at all - it's stupid regardless of any environmental impact.
  • Mad Men really kicked major ass this week! The season on a whole has been a bit slow for the most part but the last two episodes have been stellar.
  • I've thus far gotten away without having to crank up the A/C in the house - hopefully I can pull this off a bit longer.

2 comments:

SM said...

I'm not too happy about the plastic bag ban, either. I feel it's more than just an Eco thing. Can't fully explain my meaning but suffice it say I'm not a fan.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Chris said...

SM - I wonder how many people realize that in effect, this is an increase in the cost of groceries. It reminds me of an old Steven Wright joke, "I bought some batteries, but they weren't included - so I bought them again." Only when he told that as a joke, it was funny, the bag thing - not funny!