Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Hurray Obama, Screw North Carolina

Some numb nuts in North Carolina decided to ban same sex marriages. I have a problem that we even need to distinguish them at this point, can't we just refer to marriage as marriage? We are all human, right? Well, apparently not.

I've read a few people quoted as saying that Obama has "flip-flopped" on his stance on same sex marriage. No jerkies, he didn't flip flop, he's evolved as a human. Obama an I are close enough in age so that I know how being born in the 1960's and raised through the late 60's and the 70's, times were different, societal norms were different and we were taught differently.

As we grow into our own skin and minds and become educated, we hopefully evolve and recognize not all we were taught is accurate and on top of that, the world changes. I see Obama's statement today as simply acknowledgement that he is human, and is capable of emotional and intellectual evolution - something our last president lacked sorely.

North Carolina made me embarrassed to be an American, Barack Obama made me proud to be a human.

No comments: