Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chicago-Day 3 (so far)

Taking a break from the day, I thought I would file this report. I didn't start the day with a specific goal but at some point decided to go to the Navy Pier and to get there using only busses and walking, no trains.

The 22 bus stops just around the corner from my hotel and took me as far south as I needed to go before heading east, which I did on foot.

The Navy Pier is evidently the number one tourist attraction in Chicago, which is weird because it's not all that amazing. I mean, it's okay, and the ferris wheel is cool, but there are cooler things in Chicago than what ultimately is an amusement mall.

My friend recommended taking an architectural cruise and when I saw the booth and the opportunity, I jumped at the chance-and, it was terrific. And, as much as it pains me to say this, the Trump Tower in Chicago is a spectacular piece of post-modernism that really is something to see (hey, I paid $30 for the tour, may as well use some of what I learned-lol). Now that I think of it, Trump had nothing, or very little, to do with how beautiful this building is so never mind, I am no longer in pain.




I walked through the museum of Stained glass only because the tour guide on the boat insisted they have great A/C but neither the A/C nor the museum were up to snuff, so I bailed to ride the big ferris wheel, which has its own story that I won't elaborate on right now.

To be continued...

No comments: