Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicago Day 4 (Part 2)


The Italian beef sandwich was good, but I personally prefer my roast beef to be rarer, the result was that the abundance of meat left a bit of a dry texture and the delicious oils from the onions and peppers weren't enough to fix it. Overall, a decent sandwich, great crinkle cut fries and now, I can say I've had it.

I lollygagged about town for a while before heading back to my hotel for a rinse and and a change of clothes with the intent of heading to the legendary Second City theater for a show. The show start was set for 8 but I left early enough to take the bus, and perhaps do a bit more lollygagging in a neighborhood I had yet to lollygag in. It was around 6:30 when I arrived at the theater so I went to the box office in search of a ticket only to hear the hurtful words, "I'm sorry, we're sold out, we can put you on a wait list, it's a little big right now but there's probably a 50/50 chance you'll get in."

Of course I put my name in, the woman said to return at around 7:45, so I made my way to the Starbucks on the corner for a latte and comfy chair to rest my weary legs. Of course, no Starbucks worth its salt is not without good people watching and this was no exception. The kookiest thing I witnessed here was someone working on a Macbook, talking on the phone and at the same time, attempting to discreetly (obviously failing) put on deodorant.

I returned to the theater box office at 7:45 only to be told they're not sure yet about availability but to stay nearby if interested. At 7:55, some availability was made but not for the "main stage", these were for the production on their E.T.C. Stage, but the show description didn't do it for me so after those around took the opportunity for those tix, I asked if their would be any chance at all, being just one, for getting into the main stage and sure enough, they worked their magic and I got in.

The show was super fun and when it was done, I waited patiently for the bus where there was a very, and I mean, very drunk man in search of many non-existent places. I returned to my hotel and that was my day.

No comments: