Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tribute from Chicago


Dear Mr. Pihlfedt,
I don't know if messages can be sent through the cosmos to wherever your soul is resting, but I feel compelled to try. You see, you have a great, great granddaughter named Tori (technically Victoria but you understand). I suspect you never met Tori and I am not sure whether or not you can see or have heard of her from where you are, so I want to tell you a little about her.
Mr. P, is it okay if I call you that? No electric shock so I will assume yes. Mr. P, I met Tori online, through a community of bloggers about eight years ago and we've become friends over the years touching base through all sorts of social media (it's all the rage these days) and on occasion, through more old fasioned methods like the U.S. Mail; I finally got to meet her in person just a few days ago, that's how I knew where to find you. Anyway, you should know that your great, great granddaughter is one of the most extraordinary people I have ever known. I know that I have grown as a person through knowing her and seeing the examples of courage, parenthood, and general human decency. You would be so proud of the woman that Tori is today. Also, Tori has four children, your great, great, great grandchildren each of whom is uniquely terrific and equally amazing (I was lucky enough to meet three of them the other day as well).
I don't know if it's possible to make a spirit smile. however, if somehow this message makes it through the cosmos and gets to you, I am betting it will make you smile and hopefully, you can somehow reach back into and through the cosmos to let these five incredible people, who have already forever changed my life for the better, know that you are proud.
Finally, if you happen to run into my parents, can you please tell them I miss them every day and that I love them?
Thanks,
Chris

1 comment:

Radioactive Tori said...

So sweet! I love it! And I can't believe you found the bridge. Awesome!