Saturday, July 14, 2012

Here I Am

I flew back from New Orleans yesterday. The travel was relatively uneventful; I arrived home at around 8 pm or around there and tried to get in touch with my daughter, who was not reachable by phone or text so I just left a message or two and did a little unpacking and a little relaxing.

I took a shower, then watched a little TV and at some point, crashed on the couch only to wake up mangled around 4 am then went to my bed, then woke up again around 7:30. I just kind of muddled around for a few hours, did laundry, and then eventually realized I had to work out, so I hit the gym and did what had to be done.

Anyway, I've spent two of the last three weeks away from home, never did that before but the time in Chicago was great and even though I worked in New Orleans, I spent some time exploring regional food and was able to visit with an old friend that I've known for just under 40 years.

I've got some pictures, perhaps some stories to go with a few of them and even some poetry to share with you over the next few days, so stay tuned.

No comments: