Friday, July 20, 2012

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

This is my dear friend Joy, one of my early blog friends. Joy posted this on her blog, "I'm having open-heart surgery July 31 at Vanderbilt. It's for a genetic condition (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy) and mitral valve replacement. Was told a long time ago that I have a heart murmur which has now gone from mild to moderate to severe and explains why I've been feeling progressively worse for a while now. Shortness of breath, fatigue, and other symptoms have increased to the point of having to rest after a shower most days. I'm looking forward to feeling better but would like to fast forward through the next several months." I must ask all of you to send good thoughts her way and please, feel free to offer her well wishes here in the comments section. Joy was a teacher for 35+ years and is one cool lady! Big hugs to ya mamma - I know oyu're gonna come through this fine.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I visited with Grace this evening. You may recall a few days ago when I spoke of dear Grace who suffered a stroke. Thanks to all of you who have kept her in your thoughts and for touching base with me either on Facebook, email or phone.  It's a tough thing to recover from for anybody and even more at the age of 87 but Grace is a strong, independant woman - I feel like she can make huge progress.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This is Pomplamoose:

No comments: