Monday, August 06, 2012

The Useless Questions Meme

Have you ever written a song?Yes, several. My favorite is one called "A Vision of Life" which actually took several years to write and came together after going through bits and pieces of writing then finding things that worked together.

Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
I have; I had to go to the bathroom so bad, I mean really bad one time and just ran into the bathroom and only after being in the stall and in mid pee did I realize where I was and was scared to death from that moment until I left the room.

Are you superstitious?
Not really.

What's the most daring thing you've done?
I've performed stand-up comedy, or more accurately, what was meant to be comedy - on more than one occasion.

Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?
I would assume so - after all, I was a baby at one time. I don't still sleep with my baby blanket, I haven't seen it since I had it and even that is an assumption at this point.

Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, how’d it work out?
Yes, a few years ago I bought some clippers and went at it. As for how it worked out, I returned the clippers the following day and let others cut my hair ever since.

Have you ever sleepwalked?
According to my brother, yes. However, I have no recollection of it - which makes sense, I would have been sleeping at the time.

If you could be any age, what age would you be?
If we are talking for just a day, perhaps I'll go for 21-ish. If we are talking for keeps, I'll probably have to get philosophical and choose the age right where I am - unless, I can go back to an earlier age knowing everything I know right now.

What is your dream car?
I have never been a huge car guy. I have always loved the 1967 Camaro and if I could have one all tricked out, yet modernized to the point where it rides nice and has better amenities. I do like a nice Lexus (though with all the issues Toyota has had of late, I may have to look at an Acura) as well - sweet comfy ride with practical appointments.

What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
I hate to have to choose but if I must, in the moment I guess I would throw Tom & Jerry up there; I loved a number of cartoons - of the more recent ones, Spongebob rules.

If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
Pray that I can figure out how to get the fuck out and survive (since I can't swim).

Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Unfortunately.

How many foreign countries have you visited?
Wouldn't every other country I visited be  foreign country? I believe the count is 3: Canada, The Republic of Kiribati and Brazil.

If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
Crap, you could do that? I had no idea! Both I guess.

Do you talk in your sleep?
(***cue The Romantics***) I can't say for sure though I don't believe so, at least not anymore. My brother insists that when I was a kid, me and my sister had conversations across rooms in our sleep,

Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
Yes, but I caught myself before I hit the bottom and then jumped up as a knee-jerk reaction almost causing me to slip once again.

If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?
I am assuming that is a non-sexual/fantasy thing and just a who would you most want to hang with thing. Four come to mind off the top of my head: Jack Nicholson, Bill Murray, Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep. If there's a gun to my head and I had to pick one and only one, I am going with Jeff Bridges.

Have you ever re-gifted?
Yes.

If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?
Ski Jumping - I'd love to see what that looks like up close.

If you could participate in an Olympic Event, what would it be?
Given the ability and testicular fortitude, Ski Jumping. Just watching ski jumping gives me goose bumps.

If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?
I think I'd go with Amazon.com because of the diversity of their product line. I could get stuff for me and gifts for others.

What do you think is your best feature?
I wasn't aware I had any features.

If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?
I'd love it to be for a comedy.

Which of the five senses is most important to you?
Easily one of the hardest questions to answer. I think it's easier for me to say which of the five sense I would surrender if I must surrender one, that would be taste. I can't begin to imagine how to choose one over the other, it would take many hours to work through that.

Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
I suck at both. I think in order to be a way better singer than painter to be successful. I've seem some really shitty paintings by very famous/successful painters that I can't believe require all that much talent as a painter - so I will choose painter.

How many years will/did you end up going to college?
8 including grad school.

Have you ever had surgery?
Yes, several.

What do you like to collect? How many collectibles do you have?
Not a collector at this point, I have a few things that are considered collectible but not much emotional attachment to any of them.

No comments: