Monday, September 03, 2012

Dump Stories

I was driving around this evening and began to laugh as I for some odd reason recalled a silly thing we used to do "back in the day". This was a long time ago, we were in out twenties and we'd be partying and then start telling dump stories. You know what I mean right? Dump, poop...

I know, some of you just cringed, maybe even out laid uttered, "gross!" But, each and every one of you have at least one good dump story in the can (pun intended). Fear not, I won't tell one here, though the stage has been set so I should, but I won't. However, if you're in the mood, feel free to leave one (pun intended again) in the comments.
*** *** *** *** ***
This is probably a good place to talk politics, right after dump talk, so I will - briefly. First, full disclosure, I am a registered democrat, socially, I'm quite far to the left, fiscally, a bit more moderate but still quite liberal in the spectrum. I voted for Barack Obama 4 years ago though through the primaries, I was a Hillary Clinton supporter. I don't regret voting for Obama and I feel he has done a reasonably good job considering what he inherited. Come November, I once again will vote for Barack Obama because I truly believe he is the best man for the job.

I have a serious problem with the Republican candidates and the party as a whole. The party, in my opinion, no longer really represents the political fundamentals that formed the party and are too closely aligned with radical groups and as such, the social policies supported by a large percentage of the party are in my opinion inhumane.

I know that there are people out there that do not think Obama is the right man for the job. Not my place to judge whether the reasons are right or wrong or even try to determine what the criteria for right and wrong is. However, I do take some issue with those that will place a vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket because either they simply don't wish to vote for Obama or they deem them as the lesser of two evils - I think this is an irresponsible way to exercise your right to vote.

If you want to send a message, you can choose to not vote for Obama by either:
  • not voting for a president. I know, this may seem wrong but the fact is, what better way to send the message that you don't believe any of the presidential candidates are the right person for the job?
  • Look at the other candidates. Yes, Obama and Romney are not the only people running for president - do your homework and learn about the race - who's running, what are their platforms and who do you think is best to do the job as you see it.
That's all I have to say for now. Feel free to comment, all I ask is that you be respectful.

No comments: