Sunday, September 09, 2012

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers...

...and my daughter and I picked a peck of apples; because that's one of the things you do when you go apple picking.

Here's my kid getting a good chuckle over her first ever Honeycrisp apple. I wish I had taken a picture of the expression she made when she took her first taste of what is my favorite apple variety. We laughed so much!


Here is me demonstrating my lift and twist technique.

This was funny too because as you enter the orchard there is a giant sign with rules and "How to Pick Apples" as if it was some major undertaking. Here is me with the fruit of my labor (literally). Again, laughter because we were poking fun at the rules and how to signs (this farm is a bit stuck up with their rules).

The silliness continued as we both decided to pose for this silly picture - which took several tries because we kept dropping the apples from our mouths because we were laughing so hard.

Finally, my child actually requested this shot:
There she is with our peck of apples comprised of Honeycrisp, Gingergold, and Cortland apples.

Of course tomorrow I will need to pick up a few things to make apple pies. A fun time!

No comments: