Photo by Riverside Len
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 36 cookies
About This Recipe"From a local community cookbook. A regular during fall baking season."
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with pumpkin.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
- I think it would be more appropriate to call these "Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies".
- If I make these again, I will use smaller chocolate chips, the larger ones didn't distribute effectively.
- I found this recipe after searching for a Pumpkin Cookie recipe that would yield a crisper cookie (as opposed to a softer more cake like one, I posted one of those types during a previous fall season). These cookies were moist and cake like, not crisp - may have been my fault but I followed the recipe. Don't get me wrong here, they are yummy, just not crunchy.