Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Great Pumpkin Cookies


Photo

Photo by Riverside Len

4 Reviews
from Food.com
  • Prep Time: 20 mins
  • Total Time: 40 mins
  • Yield: 36 cookies

About This Recipe

"From a local community cookbook. A regular during fall baking season."

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Cream butter and sugars, beating until fluffy.
  2. Add egg and vanilla.
  3. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with pumpkin.
  4. Stir in chips.
  5. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
Chris' notes:
  • I think it would be more appropriate to call these "Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies".
  • If I make these again, I will use smaller chocolate chips, the larger ones didn't distribute effectively.
  • I found this recipe after searching for a Pumpkin Cookie recipe that would yield a crisper cookie (as opposed to a softer more cake like one, I posted one of those types during a previous fall season). These cookies were moist and cake like, not crisp - may have been my fault but I followed the recipe. Don't get me wrong here, they are yummy, just not crunchy.

No comments: