Friday, October 26, 2012

News One Never Wants to Get

Yesterday was a on pace to be a decent day until the late afternoon where I had a bad experience at work to spoil my day. All I wanted to do was go home and hang with my kid and move on. However, a letter in the mail really put the rest of the day and night in the toilet with some devastating news about an older guy who is a parishioner at my church.

The Boy Scouts of America released last week what they referred to as their "perversion files". This guys name was on that list documenting a 1961 case of child molestation involving him. The guy had been involved in youth ministries at the church over the years and my kid has been a part of some of those events. As sick as it is, it seems that her safety hinged on his penchant for young boys over girls.

The whole thing is disturbing and upsetting; I am still trying to figure out how to deal with it. Special thanks to Tori for some important insight that made a major difference for me.

Here's to moving forward.

No comments: