Friday, October 19, 2012

Pain in the Neck

Back in 2006, I had some really nasty neck pain. The pain was bad enough and for a long enough time that I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my neck and was treated with a steroid injection and a few rounds of physical therapy.

For the last 6 years, my neck has been relatively pain free - until yesterday. Yesterday there was some stiffness and a little pain, today, there is considerable discomfort, impinged range of motion, the joy of spasms and a lot of wonder as to whether this is a short term problem or one that may require treatment as in 2006.

The biggest frustration is that I am driving over 500 miles over the next couple of days which is not going to feel good. I'll need to suck it up, be careful, and take Ibuprofen then wish for the best for now.

No comments: