Thursday, November 29, 2012

About Half a Dozen Things

This is a photo of my parents taken with their Christmas tree from 1958. My mom is pregnant with my brother, who was born in March of 1959. I may have actually posted this shot here before but I just ran into it and it made me smile.
* * * * * *
In baseball news, I think the Yankees need to stop already with the 40+ year old injury prone vets and start building new talent.
* * * * *
I have the day off tomorrow; I am using the last of my personal days that I would otherwise lose as the end of the calendar year if I don't use it (them).
* * * * *
Feeling super bad about a young friend who has been under the weather this week. Luckily, he has the best mom on the planet to help him get through it. I hope he gets better soon!
* * * * *
Thinking a lot about the after effects of Hurricane Sandy. One of my friends whose home was destroyed was telling of something I hadn't though about. For those with damaged structures awaiting repair, the onset of cold weather adds a whole new dimension to creating even more damage, such as frozen pipes. I know those of us out of the picture and with the stories not on our local news anymore, we don't all have it on our radar. Please folks, pray or send good thoughts to these people. And, if you are so inclined to make a donation, better than the Red Cross is an organization that gets way higher a percentage of the money to the actual cause, www.er-d.org.

Anamorphic Illusions - watch and have your mind blown....you're welcome!

2 comments:

SM said...

I love that picture! How wonderful!

Chris said...

SM - Thanks! I love it too.